Sean Heikkila is a litigation associate based in the New York office. He is a member of the firm’s White Collar Investigations and Cybersecurity & Data Privacy practices, and his practice focuses on white collar and regulatory defense. Mr. Heikkila joined Debevoise in 2011. Mr. Heikkila received a J.D. from the University of Chicago Law School in 2010. He received a B.A. in Economics and Government from Dartmouth College in 2003.
Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Heikkila was a Childrens’ Rights Fellow at Public Counsel, a public interest law firm in Los Angeles, where he worked in education rights and adoptions. Mr. Heikkila currently serves on the Education and the Law Committee of the New York City Bar Association. Mr. Heikkila is a member of the Bar of the State of New York and is admitted to practice before the Southern District of New York.
- Sawai Pharmaceutical in its $1.5 billion acquisition of the generic pharmaceuticals business of Upsher-Smith Laboratories.
- An internal review for a special committee of a large retailer arising from a data breach.
- Several major insurance companies in preparing responses to cybersecurity questionnaires of a financial regulator.
- An investment manager in review of technology use policies, cybersecurity risks and readiness.
- University of Chicago Law School, 2010, J.D.
- Dartmouth College, 2003, B.A.
- New York
Rate : $$$