Sean J. Holder focuses his practice primarily on domestic patent prosecution for electrical, computer, mechanical and software inventions, with significant international experience. He also has experience in opinion work, prior art searching and litigation support.
Sean brings a strong technical background and a strong writing background to his practice, allowing him to understand clients’ businesses and related needs as well as deliver a highly polished work product.
- Managed all phases of domestic and international patent prosecution for a telecommunications company, including technologies related to network protocols, content delivery, transcoding, load balancing, user interfaces, social media, digital video recording and many other technologies.
- Provided patent counseling for a startup company that developed an innovative use of sound waves.
- Managed and counseled a client for an international and domestic patent family related to agricultural forecasting.
- Drafted and prosecuted semiconductor patent applications for a large international company and several universities, including transistors, memory cells and light emitting diodes based on phase change memory, topological insulators and other nano-level features.
- Prosecuted financial-related patent applications for a credit card company and a card transaction processor.
- Drafted and prosecuted patent applications related to bioinformatics for a pharmaceutical company.
- Researched and drafted a freedom to operate opinion related to the buyout of a lighting company.
- Georgia Bar Association
- Georgia Tech Bar Association
- J. Reuben Clark Law Society
Community : Boy Scouts
- J.D., Emory University School of Law, 2012
- B.S., Physics, Georgia Institute of Technology, 2011, summa cum laude
- B.A., Brigham Young University, 2007
Admissions : U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, Registration No. 65,893, Georgia
Rate : $$$$