Sean E. Jackowitz has built a practice helping clients achieve their business objectives while navigating the complex rules of the U.S. tax code. He advises businesses in all manner of U.S. federal income tax issues, including tax planning and structuring, tax compliance and reporting, and investment tax credits.
Sean has represented clients in a wide variety of business transactions, including billion-dollar M&A deals, cross-border financings, bankruptcies, and internal restructurings. He has experience with offerings and exchanges of stock and debt of both U.S. and foreign issuers and has represented borrowers and lenders in many different financing arrangements.
He also regularly represents investors in transactions involving new markets tax credits, historic rehabilitation tax credits, and energy tax credits. In addition, Sean has experience resolving contested matters before the Internal Revenue Service.
Sean was recently a member of Greater Boston Chamber of Commerce’s Future Leaders Program. Prior to joining Jones Day, Sean clerked for now-Supreme Court Justice Neil Gorsuch.
- New York University (LL.M. in Taxation 2017);
- University of Pennsylvania (J.D. summa cum laude 2012; Order of the Coif; Executive Editor, University of Pennsylvania Law Review);
- Kazakh National University (Fulbright Scholar, 2009);
- Yale University (B.A. summa cum laude 2008; Phi Beta Kappa)
BAR ADMISSIONS : Massachusetts
- Law Clerk to Judge Neil M. Gorsuch,
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit (2012-2013)
- Conagra Brands acquires Pinnacle Foods for $10.9 billion in cash and stock
- Rex Energy successfully closes $600.5 million 363 asset sale and confirms plan of liquidation with releases and exculpation provisions
- ACI Worldwide completes $400 million offering of Senior Notes
- PGT Innovations acquires Western Window Systems for $360 million
- UPL to acquire Arysta LifeScience from Platform Specialty Products Corporation for $4.2 billion
- Nine Dragons Paper acquires Catalyst Paper Corporation for $175 million
- Scotts Miracle-Gro acquires Sunlight Supply Inc. for $450 million
- TransDigm Group obtains incremental and refinances term loans in aggregate principal amount of $5.8 billion
- Calyxt completes $60.9 million follow-on public offering of Common Stock.
- KeyBank refinances existing credit and term loan facilities for cloud infrastructure provider
- ABM completes $319 million secondary public offering of Common Stock.
Rate : $$$