Sean P. O’Donnell’s trial and litigation practice focuses on commercial disputes involving breach of contract claims, construction defects, bailment claims, product malfunctions, fires and complex tort claims arising out of catastrophic property damage losses.
Sean represents self-insured companies and property insurance companies in state and federal courts and he has successfully tried, arbitrated, and mediated cases throughout the eastern United States. Sean attended Boston College and Georgetown University Law Center and joined the firm in 1995.
- Represented an international hotel company in litigation arising out of construction defects that caused over $1,000,000 in water damage and lost profits at a convention center and hotel.
- Represented Board of Directors of non-profit industry trade group in litigation against parent organization in connection with separation and formation of new organization.
- Represent an international commodities trading company in multimillion dollar litigation arising out of Superstorm Sandy-related damages to its cargo.
- Represented property insurance companies in connection with fires at several multimillion dollar commercial properties and homes along the east coast, including fires caused by negligent construction of a fireplace; negligent workmanship by contractors; negligent design by architects and engineers; and product defects.
- Represented an internet marketing company in litigation arising out of breach of contract to supply new leads.
- Represented a regional hospital and medical center in litigation arising out of design and construction defects in emergency generator room at a new children’s hospital that caused sprinkler pipes to freeze and burst, resulting in multimillion dollar loss.
- Georgetown University Law Center, J.D., 1995
- Boston College, A.B., 1991
BAR ADMISSIONS : New Jersey; Pennsylvania
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- U.S. District Court — New Jersey
- U.S. District Court — Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court — Middle District of Pennsylvania
- Whitpain Recreation Association (WRA), Board of Directors
- Philadelphia Bar Association
- Chairman, Committee on Insurance Practice
- Investigator, Commission on Judicial Selection and Retention
- Senior Law Center, Firm Liaison, Contractor Fraud Group
- Brehon Law Society
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- American Bar Association
Rate : $$$