Sean T. Phelan, a Trademark Counsel in the Trademark, Copyright & Licensing Group in the Washington, DC office, focuses on U.S. and international trademark prosecution, clearance, and enforcement. Sean advises a diverse group of clients, from individuals to international corporations, on all aspects of trademark and brand management.
Sean has also supervised trademark litigation, from researching, drafting complaints, and discovery to second-chairing trials in federal district court to writing post-trial motions and appeals.
Prior to joining Venable, Sean worked in the Washington, DC office of a mid-sized general practice firm, focusing on trademark prosecution and intellectual property litigation.
- J.D. Boston College Law School 2008
- B.A. magna cum laude Truman State University 2005
Bar Admissions : District of Columbia, Massachusetts
Court Admissions :
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
Rate : $$$