Sean Sullivan is an associate with the Health Care Group. Sean assists health care providers and business associates, including health care technology companies, in avoiding liability by ensuring regulatory compliance in operations; investigating, disclosing, and resolving potential noncompliance; defending government investigations; and providing support to litigation and transactions as necessary.
Before joining Alston & Bird, Sean was a health care attorney at another prominent Atlanta law firm, where he advised national health care providers in regulatory actions, policy review, compliance, reimbursement, and liability prevention, including HIPAA, Stark Law, Anti-Kickback Statute, False Claims Act, and CMS rules.
He also litigated complex health care matters, including provider disputes, government investigations, and high-exposure long-term care medical malpractice cases.
He previously served in the U.S. Army JAG Corps, where he advised commanders on administrative law and regulatory matters, and defended soldiers and officers accused of misconduct in courts martial and administrative hearings, trying more than 40 cases to verdict during his time on active duty.
- Georgia State University (J.D., 2007)
- Emory University (B.A., 2004)
Bar Admissions : Georgia
- American Health Lawyers Association, Health Information and Technology (HIT) Practice Group Leadership Development Program
- Health IT Leadership Summit, 2017 Content Committee leadership
- Technology Association of Georgia (TAG) Health Society
- VA Legal Clinic, pro bono volunteer
- Georgia Bar Association, Health Law Section
Rate : $$$$