Sebastian Meis is a cross-border transactional corporate attorney in the Firm’s Atlanta office. He is a member of the Firm’s Global Business Team. As an attorney licensed in Germany and the U.S., Mr. Meis advises companies in corporate matters, particularly in the formation and restructuring of corporations and partnerships both in Germany and the U.S.
Mr. Meis has represented German investment funds in corporate, tax and bank regulatory matters in connection with real estate, as well as oil and gas investments in the U.S. In addition, he has advised investors on the acquisition of businesses and restructuring of investments. He has extensive experience in advising companies, as well as individuals, in the U.S. and Germany on complex visa issues and related international tax matters.
- John Marshall Law School, 2007
- District Court Muenster, German Second State Board Examination (Zweites juristisches Staatsexamen), 2006
- University of Canterbury School of Law, LL.M. Intellectual Property, 2003
- Westfaelische Wilhelms-University, German First State Board Examination (Erstes juristisches Staatsexamen), 2002
- Georgia, 2009
- Germany, 2006
- Advised German automotive supplier on establishing first U.S. plant.
- Worked on numerous projects advising German clients in formation of subsidiary entities and operations in Germany, Mexico and Canada.
- Led acquisition of U.S. and Canadian entities for German manufacturer.
- Advised German companies on strategic acquisition of production facilities in the U.S. and on their market entry.
Professional Honors & Activities:
- Munich Bar Association
- Georgia State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- American Immigration Lawyers Association
Rate : $$$