Sebastian Tiller is a Partner in Simpson Thacher’s New York office and a member of the Firm’s Corporate Department. Sebastian’s practice concentrates on merger and acquisition transactions and corporate governance matters. He regularly represents corporations, private equity firms and financial advisers in a range of transactions.
Representative experience includes:
- Pamplona Capital Management in its $2.7 billion acquisition of MedAssets
- Ahold in its $29 billion merger of equals with Delhaize Group
- Blackstone in its $2 billion acquisition of Excel Trust, Inc.
- Lorillard in its $29.25 billion sale to Reynolds American
- Office Depot in its merger of equals transaction with OfficeMax
Sebastian joined the Firm in 2005 and became a Partner in 2016. He passed his German first and second state examinations in law in 2001 and 2003 and received his Dr. jur. (German Ph.D. equivalent), summa cum laude, in 2005, from Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München.
Sebastian also received his LL.M. from New York University School of Law in 2005 where he was an Arthur T. Vanderbilt Scholar. He also passed his Licence en Droit, mention très bien, in 1998 at Université Paris II – Panthéon Assas.
- New York University School of Law, 2005 LL.M
- Arthur T. Vanderbilt Scholar
- Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München, 2005 Dr. jur. (German Ph.D. equivalent)
- summa cum laude
- Bavarian State Ministry of Justice, München, 2003 Second State Examination
- Bavarian State Ministry of Justice, München, 2001 First State Examination (German J.D. equivalent)
- Université Paris II-Panthéon Assas, 1998 Licence en Droit
- Mention Tres Bien
- International Bar Association
- New York 2006
- Germany 2004
Rate : $$$$