Serena Jezior joined Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP in 2019 from the Council on Foundations, where she served as the associate director of public policy and previously, the public policy associate. In those roles, she was responsible for building and maintaining relationships with a portfolio of more than 150 congressional offices to represent the interests of philanthropy and foundations in policy conversations on Capitol Hill.
Serena’s experience includes tracking and analyzing the impact of legislation and regulations/guidance and communicating that information to clients. She has coordinated efforts for legislative and advocacy initiatives—including strategy, communications, action alerts and other written public policy-related materials.
Serena received an M.P.A. from Indiana University’s School of Public and Environmental Affairs. She earned her B.A. cum laude in public affairs from The Ohio State University in 2013.
- Drafted comments on behalf of Council on Foundation members in response to IRS Notice 2017-73, Request for Comments on Application of Excise Taxes With Respect to Donor Advised Funds in Certain Situations.
- Drafted comments on behalf of Council on Foundation members in response to Internal Revenue Service (IRS) Notice 2018-67, Request for Comments Regarding the Calculation of Unrelated Business Taxable Income under § 512(a)(6) for Exempt Organizations with More than One Unrelated Trade or Business and the Interim and Transition Rules for Aggregating Certain Income in the Nature of Investments.
- Member, Women’s Congressional Golf Association.
- Leadership Center for Excellence, Young Professionals Program (2016).
- Member, Women in Government Relations.
- Advisory board member, The Movement Project (2015 to present).
- M.P.A., Indiana University, 2015
- B.A., Ohio State University, 2013
Rate : $$$