Sergio Urias is co-chair of the firm’s Private Equity Practice Group and a member of the Corporate Practice Group. Sergio represents leading private equity funds and their portfolio companies in a wide range of corporate transactions, including domestic and cross-border (primarily in Latin America) mergers and acquisitions, recapitalizations, leveraged financings, restructurings, reorganizations, growth equity investments, and other corporate transactional matters. In addition, he negotiates, structures, and executes corporate transactions on behalf of strategic buyers and sellers.
Mr. Urias has extensive industry experience representing clients across a broad spectrum of sectors, including technology, media, telecommunications, consumer products, energy, mining, healthcare, life sciences, food and beverage, software, manufacturing, financial services, agriculture, aerospace, defense, and hospitality. As a result, he can anticipate and address industry-unique issues that often arise in the transaction process and structure the transactions efficiently.
Mr. Urias also has extensive experience advising clients on complex inbound and outbound private equity and M&A transactions in Latin America and is recognized by The Legal 500 among its Private Practice Power list: U.S.-Mexico (2017).
- Harvard Law School, LL.M., 2007
- Escuela Libre de Derecho, J.D., 2003
Bar Admissions :
- New York
Representative Matters :
- Clear Channel Outdoor Holdings Inc., a leading outdoor advertising company, in its advertising assets exchange with Fairway Media Group LLC.
- Murray Energy Corporation in its acquisition of a Colombian coal mining business from Goldman, Sachs & Co., including two developed surface coal mines, three undeveloped mines, an Atlantic coal port loading facility, interests in an Atlantic railway route and related assets.
- TZP Group in its acquisition of one of the nation’s leading full-service hotel and resort management companies.
- The Gordian Group, a portfolio company of Warburg Pincus, in its acquisition of RSMeans, a web-based construction estimation business from Reed Elsevier Group plc (NYSE: RUK).
- Welsh, Carson, Anderson & Stowe in its acquisition of Alert Logic, the recognized leader in “security-as-a-service” solutions for the cloud.
- Lincolnshire Management in its acquisition of Allison Marine, a marine outfitting, repair and refurbishment company that provides land-based and offshore services to oil and gas operators.
- Apax Partners in its acquisition of Activant Group, Inc., a business software firm in connection with the simultaneous going private acquisition of Epicor Software Corporation.
- Danaher Corporation in its acquisition of Arbor Networks, Inc., a leading provider of network security and management solutions.
- $140 million secured facility for Avantel S.A.S., from the U.S. Overseas Private Investment Corporation (OPIC) in connection with the deployment of a 4G LTE wireless and fiber-optic broadband network in Colombia.
Rate : $$$