Seth M. Erickson is an insurance-coverage attorney who also maintains an active commercial litigation practice. Seth advises insurers on coverage issues under professional liability, general liability, directors and officers, cyber, and employment practices liability policies.
He also litigates on behalf of insurers in coverage disputes and bad-faith actions in state and federal courts across the country. In addition to his insurance-coverage practice, Seth represents clients in general commercial litigation disputes and in bankruptcy-related matters.
Representative Matters :
- Tried jury case and gave the closing argument in a lawsuit that resulted in a $3.5 million verdict on claims of fraud, unjust enrichment and conversion. Agnew v. Agnew, No. 2011-L-6819 (Ill. Cir. Ct.), aff’d, 13-2901 (Ill. App. Ct.).
- Obtained reversal of bankruptcy court’s order confirming a 524(g) plan of reorganization. In re Plant Insulation Co., 734 F.3d 900, 904 (9th Cir. 2013).
- Represented insurer in 524(g) bankruptcy proceeding that resulted in a dismissal of the case and with no payment from the insurer. In re Eagle, Inc., No. 2:2015-bk-12437 (E.D. La.).
- Represented defendants in numerous class actions. See, e.g., Truchalski v. Country Mut. Ins. Co., No. 14-CH-17909 (Ill. Cir. Ct.).
Professional and Community Involvement :
- President, Chicago Legal Clinic Auxiliary Board
- Member, Judicial Evaluation Committee, The Chicago Bar Association
- Vanderbilt University Law School, J.D., 2009
- Indiana University, B.S., with honors, 2006
BAR ADMISSIONS : Illinois
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Indiana
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
Rate : $$$