Seth M. Hemming is a partner in Reed Smith’s Chicago office. Seth has more than twenty-five years of experience in Mergers & Acquisitions, Private Equity and Capital Markets transactions. He has acted as counsel to private equity funds, their portfolio companies, strategic acquirors, entrepreneurs and other investor groups in connection with mergers, acquisitions and divestitures in a variety of industries including business services, technology, health care, education, chemicals, building products, branded consumer products, food and defense contracting. Seth regularly acts as outside general counsel for a variety of clients.
He has also represented a number of technology and other entrepreneurial companies in connection with capital raises, securities matters, corporate finance matters, licensing arrangements, development agreements and joint ventures. For the past eleven consecutive years, Seth has been recognized by Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business as one of the leading Corporate/ M&A lawyers in the United States.
Chambers USA states “Seth Hemming comes recommended for his work on complex M&A and private equity matters, bringing expertise in a number of areas including healthcare, technology and business services. Clients praise him for his negotiating style, where ‘he’s not trying to win the argument all the time; he’s trying to get the best solution for his client.'”
- Loyola University Chicago School of Law, 1985, J.D., cum laude, Executive Editor, Loyola University Chicago Law Journal
- University of Illinois, 1982, B.S., with honors
- Represented Chicago-based private equity firm New Harbor Capital in its acquisitions of a majority equity interest in LGM Pharma, a company involved in the distribution of active pharmaceutical ingredients; Wedgewood Village Pharmacy, a provider of compounded medicines for the veterinary market; and New York Kid’s Club, an early childhood enrichment and pre-school business
- Represented New Harbor Capital in its sale of PT Solutions, a provider of physical therapy services, to New York-based private equity firm Lindsay Goldberg
- Advised Chicago-based private equity firm Wind Point Partners in its acquisitions of custom food manufacturers Pacifica Foods and Stir Foods
- Advised Right at School, LLC, one of the fastest growing for-profit service providers of afterschool/before school childcare and pre-K-12 educational enrichment, in its equity recapitalization with Prairie Capital, a Chicago-based private equity firm
- Counsel to Channel IQ, a Chicago-based software developer that provides market intelligence to manufacturers and retailers, in connection with $12 million in venture funding provided by Drive Capital, a midwest-based venture capital fund and in its subsequent sale to Market Track, a provider of advertising, promotions, pricing and eCommerce solutions.
Rate : $$$