With more than 12 years of litigation experience, Seth P. Traub manages multiple aspects of legal strategy, analysis, briefing, negotiations and argument. Recognized by clients and colleagues alike for his diligence, professionalism and collaborative approach, he knows it is vital to understand his clients’ goals and expectations at the outset of an engagement in order to develop the strongest possible strategy to achieve their objectives.
Seth focuses his practice on complex bankruptcy and commercial litigation, representing creditors, investors, distressed debt lenders, trustees, and business entities litigating disputes in bankruptcy court. Seth has broad experience representing creditors, trustees and other interested parties in Chapter 7, 11 and 13 bankruptcy cases, and related adversary proceedings involving fraudulent transfer and preference actions, together with related contested matters and appeals.
In addition to his bankruptcy practice, Seth has extensive experience handling a broad range of litigation matters representing corporate and individual clients in business and real estate litigation matters and appeals, including commercial landlord-tenant disputes, and contract disputes.
While at the University of Florida, Seth was a member of the Florida Law Review, where he served as Student Works Editor, and of Florida Blue Key. In addition, Seth was enrolled in the dual degree program where he received a Masters Degree in Sports Management along with his Juris Doctorate.
Seth is an active participant in the Leadership Shumaker program, which involves the firm’s attorneys and staff members in various civic and fund-raising events that benefit not-for-profit charitable and arts organizations in the Tampa Bay area.
- J.D., cum laude, University of Florida Levin College of Law, 2005
- M.E.S.S., University of Florida, 2005
- B.S., with honors, University of Florida, 2002
Bar and Court Admissions:
- Florida, 2006
- United States Court of Appeals Eleventh Circuit, 2008
- United States District Court Middle District of Florida, 2006
- United States District Court Northern District of Florida, 2006
- United States District Court Southern District of Florida, 2006
Professional and Community Affiliations:
- The Florida Bar
- Hillsborough County Bar Association
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Tampa Bay Bankruptcy Bar Association
- Tampa Connection Class of 2012
Rate : $$$