Shalini Soopramanien is an associate in Baker McKenzie’s Banking & Finance – Major Projects Practice Group in New York. Prior to joining the Firm, Shalini worked in the project finance group of a leading US law firm and as an in-house lawyer at the African Development Bank.
Shalini’s practice focuses on the representation of public and private entities in the development and financing of energy and infrastructure projects.
- Georgetown University Law Center (LLM with Distinction) (2016)
- The Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies (LLM magna cum laude) (2011)
- King’s College London, UK (LLB Upper Second Honors) (2008)
- District of Columbia~United States (2017)
- New York~United States (2011)
Corporate Responsibility : Represented clients in pro bono cases involving VAWA and U visa applications.
Professional Associations and Memberships : French-American Chamber of Commerce – Member
Representative Legal Matters:
- Representing a major international renewable energy developer in the sale of multiple operating renewable energy facilities across the United States, including one hybrid storage facility.
- Represented a joint venture between two vegetable processors in a USD 66 million senior secured revolving credit and term loan facility relating to the refurbishment of an existing vegetable processing facility.
- Represented the back-leverage lenders in the financing of a 71.3 MW solar photovoltaic energy facility in Southeastern United States.
- Advised a major investment bank as the sole placement agent for the financing of a portfolio of eight solar photovoltaic energy facilities with an aggregate net capacity of approximately 163 MWac.
- Represented a global investment bank in a revolving loan facility for the development phase of utility-scale wind and solar energy facilities in Northeastern United States.
Rate : $$$