Shana Elberg’s practice is concentrated on business reorganizations, cross-border, insolvency and bankruptcy matters. Ms. Elberg has substantial experience advising companies, creditors, equity holders, lenders, investors, sellers, purchasers and other parties-in-interest in a variety of distressed situations and restructuring transactions, including prepackaged and prearranged bankruptcies, traditional Chapter 11 cases and out-of-court workouts and acquisitions.
She has experience working across a wide variety of industries, including energy, financial services, sports, shipping and retail. In 2017, Ms. Elberg received the Burton Award for Legal Writing and in April 2012 she was recognized by Turnarounds & Workouts as an “Outstanding Young Restructuring Lawyer.” Ms. Elberg serves on the firm’s diversity, hiring and summer associate committees.
Matters in which Ms. Elberg has played a significant role include:
- Concordia International in its dual solicitation Canadian CBCA-Chapter 11 restructuring
- SunEdison, Inc. and certain of its domestic and international subsidiaries in their Chapter 11 reorganization in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York;
- Better Place in its global wind-down;
- Vertis Holdings, Inc. and certain of its affiliates in their prepackaged bankruptcy cases;
- Mrs. Fields’ Original Cookies, Inc. and certain of its affiliates in their prearranged bankruptcy cases; and
- Fortunoff Fine Jewelry and Silverware, LLC and certain of its affiliates in their bankruptcy cases.
- Bank of America as prepetition and DIP ABL agent in the VER bankruptcy case;
- Barclays as DIP and exit agent in the NewPage/Verso bankruptcy case; and as Prepetition LC Agent in the Patriot Coal II bankruptcy case;
- Third Eye Capital as DIP lender and purchaser of USA Synthetic Fuel Corporation;
- Citibank Financial Products, Inc. in its acquisition of Ameriquest Mortgage Company.
- J.D., Cornell Law School, 2001 (cum laude)
- B.S., Cornell University, 1998
- New York
- U.S. District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York and Southern District of Florida
Rate : $$$$