Shane C Carew is a trial and appellate attorney with over thirty-five years’ experience. He is a member of the state bars of Alaska and Washington. His primary practice areas are Admiralty Law, Civil Litigation and execution on judgments. He has handled trials and appeals in state and federal courts in Alaska and Washington, and the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit.
He has litigated cases in vessel arrest, bankruptcy, ship collision, cable entanglement, death, personal injury, cargo damage, fishing rights, wages, salvage, and marine insurance coverage. In the non-maritime area he has handled commercial litigation, including judgment execution.
Mr. Carew also has extensive experience in certain administrative agency actions: defending documented and licensed personnel in United States Coast Guard license proceedings, including appeals to the Commandant and to the National Transportation Safety Board. He has also handled Washington state ferry disciplinary proceedings.
- University of London, University College, London, U.K., LL.M. 1983
- Tulane University School of Law, New Orleans, Louisiana. J.D. 1980
- University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, Indiana, B.B.A., Management, 1977
- Washington State Bar Association, Bar No. 10988, 1980
- Alaska State Bar Association, Bar No. 9407067, 1994
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, 1981
His specialties are both Admiralty and Maritime Law, representing both plaintiffs and defendants in state and federal trial and appellate courts with the following focuses: Maritime Employment Law Fisheries and Fishing Rights, Maritime Liens, Vessel Arrests and Bankruptcy, Maritime Injury and Death, Coast Guard Administrative Suspension and Revocation Proceedings.
Rate : $$$