Shane Ramsey is the Vice Chair of the Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP Bankruptcy and Financial Restructuring Practice Group. Mr. Ramsey regularly represents committees of unsecured creditors, indenture trustees, secured creditors, unsecured creditors, bondholders, noteholders, liquidation trustees, plan administrators, disbursing agents, and other entities in bankruptcy reorganizations, liquidation proceedings, and bankruptcy related litigation.
Mr. Ramsey also has experience handling complex civil litigation matters in both state and federal courts and in alternative dispute resolution settings, including arbitration and mediation. His business litigation experience includes contract disputes, business torts, breach of fiduciary duties, officer and director liabilities, and other general litigation matters.
- Florida State University College of Law, JD, high honors (2006)
- University of Tampa, BA, magna cum laude (2003)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Tennessee
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- Coordinator, Reaffirmation Project (provides free legal counsel to unrepresented debtors seeking to enter into reaffirmation agreements)
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Turnaround Management Association
- American Bar Association
- Mary Hall Freedom House, Board of Directors
- Everybody Wins!, Reading Mentor
Rate : $$$