Shane Noworatzky is a Special Counsel in the Finance and Bankruptcy Practice Group in the firm’s Los Angeles office. Mr. Noworatzky specializes in representing lenders, corporate borrowers, equity sponsors and administrative agents in commercial finance transactions. He also specializes in representing parties involved in energy procurement transactions.
Mr. Noworatzky has significant experience with secured and unsecured syndicated loan transactions as well as single bank loan transactions. He also has experience with second-lien secured transactions, credit facilities for furniture, fixtures and equipment, and bridge loan transactions.
Mr. Noworatzky has worked on a number of cross-border transactions involving countries located in North America, the Caribbean, and Europe. He also worked on numerous tribal-related financing projects. With respect to industry focus, Mr. Noworatzky has extensive experience working on transactions in the hotel, gaming and leisure industry, the entertainment industry and the energy industry.
Mr. Noworatzky also has significant experience in the energy industry and previously worked as Senior Counsel at an electric utility. He has been involved with numerous energy procurement and sale transactions as well as project financing transactions.
He has negotiated ISDA, EEI and NAESB enabling agreements, power purchase tolling agreements, energy storage agreements and resource adequacy purchase and sale transactions.
Mr. Noworatzky also has experience with transactions involving renewable energy credits, demand response services, heat rate call options, brokerage services, and combined heat and power projects. He also has significant experience working on requests for offers for energy products.
- J.D., University of California, Los Angeles, 2004, Articles Editor and Managing Editor for the UCLA Journal of Law and Technology
- B.B.A., University of Wisconsin – Madison, 2001
Admissions : California
- Represented the administrative agent in connection with a $225 million multi-currency working capital credit facility being provided to a food producer.
- Represented the administrative agent in connection with a first lien and second lien credit facility providing acquisition financing to a gaming company.
- Represented the administrative agent in connection with a $1,500,000,000 unsecured credit facility being provided to a home building company.
- Represented the administrative agent in connection with a multi-billion dollar loan facility being provided to a major hotel chain to finance the acquisition of an international hotel chain.
- Represented the administrative agent in connection with the financing of a leveraged buyout of a major food products company, involving collateral located in Canada and Puerto Rico.
- Represented an offtaker in negotiating a long term power purchase and sale tolling agreement for a to be developed gas-fired project.
Rate : $$$