Shane Martin advises and represents individual and business clients, including Fortune 500 companies, in complex commercial litigation matters. Mr. Martin’s practice covers a broad range, including prosecution and defense of disputes involving non-compete and other employment agreements, director and officer liability, construction defects, fraud and deceptive and unfair trade practices, professional malpractice, products liability, and toxic torts.
While in law school, Mr. Martin interned for Florida Supreme Court Justice, Harry Lee Anstead. Mr. Martin also was recognized for pro bono service in connection with his participation in the University of Miami School of Law’s Consumer Bankruptcy Law Clinic.
- University of Miami School of Law, JD, magna cum laude (2008)
- University of Miami, BA, History and Political Science, cum laude (2004)
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- Successfully represented one of the largest social media and advertising companies against one of its former executives residing in South America in a federal court lawsuit involving restrictive covenant, Computer Fraud and Abuse Act, and Defend Trade Secrets Act claims
- Defended an alleged Madoff Ponzi scheme feeder fund in a conservatorship involving claims for breach of fiduciary duty, negligence, and fraud
- Obtained a final judgment confirming an arbitration award in favor of a leading audio device company on claims for breach of contract and misappropriation of trade secrets against its former business partner and world-famous hip hop artist
- Obtained reversal of a temporary injunction against a biomedical company for alleged misappropriation of trade secrets relating to the chemical cleaning protocol for cadaver tissue used in human transplants and other surgeries
- Defended one of the largest real estate brokerages in a lawsuit alleging contamination by heavy metals and undetonated ordinance on a former military bombing range
- The Florida Bar
- Miami-Dade County Bar Association
- Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce
- University of Miami Alumni Association
Rate : $$$