Shane Singh is a partner in the Sacramento office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Labor & Employment Practice. He also serves as a national vice-chair of the Hospitality Practice. Mr. Singh graduated from the University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law in May 1999 with his law degree and a Certificate in Governmental Affairs.
Prior to attending McGeorge, he earned a Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science with a minor in City and Regional Planning from the University of California at Berkeley. During law school, Mr. Singh served as a Certified Intern with the Sacramento County District Attorney’s Office Misdemeanor Unit, a Student Legal Assistant with the Cal-OSHA Appeals Board and as a Discussion Group Leader (tutor) for first year Real Property students at McGeorge.
In college, Mr. Singh interned for California Governor Pete Wilson and served as a head team manager for the California Golden Bear’s Men’s Basketball team that featured the likes of NBA star and coach Jason Kidd. In high school, he worked as a ballboy for the Sacramento Kings.
He handles a variety of cases ranging from disability discrimination (ADA), employment law, business litigation, and real estate to bodily injury matters. His representative clients include national retailers such as Starbucks Coffee Company, as well as a number of local businesses and emerging companies.
Mr. Singh has a published appellate opinion related to the recovery of expert witness fees, Carwash of America – PO v. Windswept Ventures No. 1 (2002) 97 Cal. App. 4th 540. In 2004, Sacramento’s John F. Kennedy High School honored him for his work with youth and adult soccer by awarding him its Cornel West Alumni of the Year Award for Outstanding Community Service and Professional Contributions.
Mr. Singh has earned the Boy Scouts of America’s highest honor, Eagle Scout. In November 2010, he was a candidate for the Sacramento City Unified School District (SCUSD) Board of Trustees. Mr. Singh’s key endorsers included The Sacramento Bee, Sacramento Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce, Sacramento Mayor Kevin Johnson, EdVoice and the Sacramento Police Officers Association.
Mr. Singh recently served six terms as President of the Greenhaven Soccer Club (Youth) – a non-profit that is dedicated to administer and promote an organized soccer program for approximately 1200 youth of Sacramento’s Greenhaven/Pocket areas.
In 2009, Mr. Singh was one of the founders of the Sacramento Soccer Alliance, a competitive soccer program that serves the Pocket-Greenhaven and Land Park communities.
He also is a former Director of the Robbie Waters Pocket-Greenhaven Friends of the Library board. Mr. Singh has served as a Director of the Sacramento Barristers’ Club. Mr. Singh is also fluent in Hindi.
- University of California, Berkeley, Bachelor of Arts, Major in Political Science, Minor in City & Regional Planning, May 1996
- University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law, Juris Doctor with a Certificate in Governmental Affairs, May 1999
- State Bar Admissions, California
- United States Courts of Appeals & Supreme Court, United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the Central District of California
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of California
- United States District Court for the Northern District of California
- United States District Court for the Southern District of California
- Partner, Sacramento Office of Southern California law firm, 2005 – 2014
- Associate Attorney, large Sacramento litigation firm, 1999 – 2005
- Intern, Sacramento County District Attorney’s Office Misdemeanor Unit
- Student Legal Assistant, Cal-OSHA Appeals Board
- Discussion Group Leader (Tutor) for Real Property, McGeorge School of Law
Rate : $$$