Shani Rivaux has a diversified practice that extends to a wide range of sectors. She handles high stakes mass tort litigation and complex commercial disputes. Shani represents clients in arbitration and federal and state courts, at both the trial and appellate levels.
Since 2008, she has been an active trial team member in over 10 trials and arbitration proceedings throughout the state of Florida. In Shani’s appellate practice, she has co-authored numerous briefs addressing complex legal issues, including questions of choice-of-law, theories of damages, and the application of Medicaid.
REPRESENTATIVE EXPERIENCE :
- Drafted a ninth circuit appeal for the return of Nazi-looted art from the Thyssen Museum in Spain.
- Trial counsel in a matter involving business theft and trade secrets, which was affirmed on appeal.
- National Association of Women’s Lawyers
- American Bar Association
- Florida Bar Association
- Dade County Bar Association
- J.D., University of Miami School of Law, 2007
- B.A., Rutgers University, 2002
ADMISSIONS : Florida
COURTS : U.S. District Court, Middle and Southern Districts of Florida
Rate : $$$$