Shannon Bishop Arvin has been with Stoll Keenon Ogden since 2002. She is a member of the Business Services Group, and serves as Practice Group Leader of the Trusts & Estates Group. Shannon’s practice focuses on working with owners in the Thoroughbred industry on equine transactions involving racing and breeding stock, structuring ownership of equine operations, and business succession and estate planning.
Shannon represents many prominent Thoroughbred operations in the Bluegrass and internationally. Shannon also represents many leading organizations in the industry, including Keeneland Association, Breeders’ Cup Limited, Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders’ Association and National Thoroughbred Racing Association.
Shannon’s grandfather, W.T. Bishop (“Bish”) was the first general manager of Keeneland when the track opened in 1936, and Shannon was fortunate to work with her father, the late Buddy Bishop, until his passing in 2008.
Shannon has loved the Thoroughbred industry and the people in the industry her whole life, and began working for Keeneland in the sales office when she was in high school. She continues to own breeding and racing interests, living on her family’s Foxtale Farm with her husband and two daughters.
A member of Keeneland Association, Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders Association, the KTA/KTOB and the American College of Equine Attorneys, Shannon also serves as Secretary and Director of Keeneland Association, Secretary of Breeders’ Cup Limited, Past President of the Thoroughbred Club of America, Director of the University of Kentucky Gluck Equine Research Foundation, Vice-Chair and Director of Hospice of the Bluegrass, and Advisory Board Member of the Salvation Army.
Shannon received a bachelor’s degree in International Studies from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill with high honors. Shannon earned her J.D. degree from the University of Kentucky College of Law, where she was an associate editor of the Kentucky Law Journal and a member of the Honor Council.
- University of Kentucky College of Law 2002, J.D.
- University of North Carolina 1997, B.A., High Honors
ADMISSIONS : Kentucky
- Fayette County Bar Association
- Kentucky Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Keeneland Association, Inc., Secretary and Director (2016-present)
- Breeders’ Cup Limited, Secretary (2018-present)
- National Thoroughbred Racing Association, Secretary (2018-present)
- Horse Country, Inc., Secretary, 2016-present
- Thoroughbred Club of America, Past President and Director, 2016-2019
- University of Kentucky Gluck Equine Research Foundation, Director, 2015-present
- Hospice of the Bluegrass, Vice-Chairman and Director, 2011-present
- Thoroughbred Charities of America, Director, 2015-2018
- The Lexington School, Alumni Council, 2016-present
- Salvation Army Advisory Board, 2009-present
Rate : $$$$