Shannon M. Byrne focuses her practice in the areas of employment discrimination, business restructuring, wrongful discharge, breaches of employment contracts and covenants not to compete, employee and union relations, and intentional torts.
She possesses significant traditional labor relations experience, which includes representing employers in the negotiation of collective bargaining agreements and litigating before the NLRB. Shannon regularly counsels clients on compliance with employment laws, fair labor standards, and the avoidance of various other workplace conflicts.
She represents clients in all aspects of employment litigation, including managing large-scale discovery, researching and drafting motions and appellate briefs, taking and defending depositions, drafting mediation statements and settlement agreements, advising on case strategy, and preparing for trial.
She frequently reviews and revises handbooks and employer policies to ensure federal and state law compliance, and to address various legal concerns related to employer responses to unionization efforts. Shannon assists clients with structuring reductions in force and layoff procedures, including drafting severance and release agreements.
In addition, Shannon has experience representing clients in connection with various insolvency and commercial law matters, including business reorganizations and restructurings. During law school, she was an articles editor for the Cleveland State Law Review.
- J.D., Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, 2011
- B.A., University of Victoria, 2010
- B.S., McGill University, 2005
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 4th Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio
Professional & Community Affiliations :
- Programming Committee Chair, Women in Law Section, Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association, August 2017-present
- Zoning Commissioner, Bainbridge Township, October 2014-September 2017
Rate : $$$