As an associate on the bankruptcy, restructuring and creditors’ rights team, Shannon E. Daily regularly represents all major constituencies in corporate bankruptcy proceedings, receiverships, and out-of-court restructurings.
Shannon’s practice focuses on representing debtors, creditors’ committees, creditors and other parties in interest in complex chapter 7, 11, and 15 bankruptcies; adversary proceedings; commercial litigation; loan workouts; reorganizations; receiverships; and corporate recovery matters.
Shannon’s experience also includes providing legal opinions and advice in connection with complex transactions for asset based-lending, safe harbored financial contracts, asset securitizations, conduits, derivatives and other financial hedges, REITS, REMICS, real estate finance and other capital markets transactions.
Shannon handles a variety of pro bono matters, including landlord/tenant disputes for the Pro Bono Housing Unit at Legal Aid Justice Center, estate planning and corporate governance matters for the Legal Information Network for Cancer, and corporate governance matters for Dancing Classrooms Greater Richmond, Inc. and the Central Virginia Combined Training Association.
Shannon is admitted to practice before the Third Circuit, the US District Courts for the Eastern and Western Districts of Virginia, and the US Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Virginia.
- Represented corporate chapter 11 debtors, including a national blood testing laboratory and its affiliates, a national manufacturing company and its affiliates, and several energy companies and their affiliates, in their bankruptcy cases.
- Represented creditors’ committees and secured and unsecured creditors in numerous chapter 11 cases in various industries, including retail, healthcare, petroleum, energy and finance.
- Represented joint venture partners in unexpected bankruptcy filing by an international retail chain and expedited investigation and reorganization process.
- Represented agent, on behalf of secured lender group, in appeal of a bankruptcy court settlement order to the US Supreme Court.
- Represented various parties to complex transactions by providing insolvency-related structuring advice and legal opinions, including non-consolidation, safe harbor, true sale and authority to file opinions.
- Represented lenders in connection with appointing receivers to manage properties, including hotels and housing units.
- Represented equine rescue organization in the sale of an iconic racehorse training facility that resulted in the preservation of approximately 150 acres by conservation easement.
- Represented major international manufacturing company regarding environmental matters and workout of third party insolvency issues.
- Represented national insurance company regarding disputed beneficiary claims.
- Represented chapter 11 debtors as well as secured and unsecured creditors in various avoidance action proceedings, including preference, turnover and fraudulent transfer actions.
- Represented insurance guaranty association in numerous insurance company insolvencies.
- Represented commercial landlords in unlawful detainer, warrant in debt, garnishment and attachment proceedings.
- Represented clients in complex trades of derivative and other bankruptcy claims and participation rights.
- JD, William & Mary Law School, William & Mary Bill of Rights Journal; President, Alternative Dispute Resolution Team, 2009
- BA, International Relations and French with honors in French, The College of William & Mary, summa cum laude, 2006
- Member, American Bankruptcy Institute
- Member, Richmond Bar Association
- Member, Phi Beta Kappa Society
- Governance Committee Chair, Legal Information Network for Cancer
- Membership Director, Central Virginia Combined Training Association
- Secretary, Dancing Classrooms Greater Richmond, Inc.
Rate : $$$$