Shannon Lawless focuses on civil litigation practice representing employers. She strategizes with human resources professionals and business owners on how to handle employment issues such as hiring, workplace complaints, requests for accommodation, and terminations in a way that follows the law and also meets business needs.
Shannon also reviews and drafts employee handbooks, company policies, and restrictive covenants such as non-competition and non-solicitation agreements. She works to develop long-term relationships with her clients and to serve as a trusted business partner, tailoring her advice to each client’s unique history and needs.
When disputes arise, Shannon represents employers in federal and state court lawsuits, arbitrations, negotiated and mediated settlements, and government investigations. Her goal is to help clients find a practical solution to their business conflicts, whether inside or outside the courtroom.
Outside of employment law, Shannon devotes a portion of her practice to general commercial litigation. She particularly enjoys litigating real estate and contract disputes. Before joining Ryan Swanson, Shannon clerked for Justice Mary Fairhurst of the Washington State Supreme Court.
- University of Washington School of Law
- Willamette University
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE:
- Western District of Washington
- Eastern District of Washington
PROFESSIONAL & COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES:
- Board Member, Washington Women Lawyers State Board (2011-present; Board President 2015-2016)
- Member, Pacific Coast Labor & Employment Conference Planning Committee (2014-present; Subcommittee Chair 2017-2018)
- Member, King County Bar Association Labor & Employment Section (2014-present)
- Member, Mother Attorneys Mentoring Association of Seattle (2013-present)
Rate : $$$$