Shannon McNeal represents banks, licensed lenders, FinTech companies, auto lenders, consumer reporting agencies, and other companies in matters initiated by federal and state government regulators, as well as in litigation and internal investigations.
She represents institutions in matters initiated by the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB), Federal Trade Commission (FTC), U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ), Federal Reserve Board (FRB), Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC), and Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC), as well as state attorneys general.
She assists clients with compliance with consumer protection laws and pre-enforcement matters, including responding to Civil Investigative Demands (CIDs) and Notice of Opportunity to Respond and Advise (NORA) letters.
Ms. McNeal also has substantial experience handling complex civil litigation brought by private parties and government agencies.
In addition, Ms. McNeal advises clients concerning debt collection, mortgage servicing, and consumer compliance obligations under federal and state laws, including the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act, the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA), the Equal Credit Opportunity Act (ECOA), the Fair Housing Act (FHA), the Truth in Lending Act (TILA), the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA), Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA), Unfair, Deceptive, or Abusive Acts or Practices (UDAAP), the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA), and state licensing laws.
- Associate, Government Investigations, Examinations and Enforcement Group, Hudson Cook LLP, Washington, D.C., 2016-2018
- Associate, Government Enforcement & Corporate Investigations, Dorsey & Whitney LLP, Minneapolis, 2014-2016
Professional & Community Activities:
- Board of Directors, Ms. JD, 2015-2017
- American Bar Association
- J.D., Howard University School of Law, 2014
- Goler T. Butcher International Moot Court Team
- B.A., Political Science, University of Florida, 2011
- President, Black Student Union
Rate : $$$$