Shannon K. Yavorsky is a U.S., Irish, and English law qualified attorney who counsels clients on a broad range of U.S. and European data privacy and security issues, including the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), cross-border data transfer, data breaches, and global privacy compliance.
She has significant experience with model contract clauses, privacy policies, website terms and conditions, data processing agreements, and advising clients on self-certifying to the EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Frameworks. She advises multinational clients across industry sectors, with an emphasis on advertising, healthcare, and automotive.
Shannon regularly advises on an array of privacy and security laws and regulations, including the GDPR, CCPA, the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA), California’s Financial Information Privacy Act (CalFIPA), the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), the Controlling the Assault of Non-Solicited Pornography and Marketing (CAN-SPAM) Act, and state data breach notification obligations. Shannon’s work includes :
- Preparing privacy policies and advising on contract provisions related to privacy and data security
- Advising on EU and U.S. privacy and security issues in high-value M&A transactions
- Performing assessments of privacy and security practices, including for companies responding to or carrying out due diligence in the context of corporate transactions
- Guiding clients through all phases of responding to a data security incident, from the initial forensic investigation through issuing any required notifications and handling inquiries from regulators, customers, and the media
- Advising clients on global privacy and data security compliance strategies.
Shannon has written more than 50 legal articles and regularly presents at international conferences on U.S. and EU privacy and security issues.
- Masters Commercial Intellectual Property with distinction Nottingham Law School
- Postgraduate Diploma Commercial Intellectual Property with distinction Nottingham Law School
- M.Phil. with honors Trinity College
- B.A. The American University of Paris
Bar Admissions : California, Law Society of England and Wales, Solicitor
Professional Memberships :
- Member, International Association of Privacy Professionals
- Member, Women In-House Support Equality
- Member, Sedona Conference
Rate : $$$$