Shareef Farag represents employers in all types of litigation and provides advice and counsel to employers on a wide range of issues they regularly face. He has first- and second-chair experience in trial and arbitration.
Shareef regularly assists clients in avoiding and mitigating risk in an efficient, cost-effective manner so they can focus on business goals and avoid expensive litigation.
Gaining a deep understanding of a client’s business from the outset allows him to provide a high level of service that is focused on meeting client goals with an eye toward his client’s bottom line.
- Defended dozens of California wage and hour and PAGA claims, both individual and class/collective, including claims related to meal and rest breaks; pay practices; overtime; wage statements; reimbursement of business expenses; and unfair competition.
- Oversaw preparation of summary judgment motion based on a novel argument regarding California’s minimum wage laws. While the motion was pending, played a critical role in negotiating a favorable settlement.
- Represents clients and provides day-to-day management of numerous wage and hour class actions. Successfully mediates and settles matters with advantageous terms for the clients.
- Oversaw preparation of motion for summary judgment, which was granted and resulted in the dismissal of all plaintiff’s claims pursuant to the Fair Employment and Housing Act.
- Successfully negotiated numerous pre-litigation settlements, thereby avoiding litigation and securing favorable resolutions for the clients.
- Represented a national financial institution in a single-plaintiff disability discrimination arbitration that resulted in a defense award.
- California Minority Counsel Program (CMCP)
- National Employment Law Council
- J.D., Loyola Law School, 2007
- B.A., Politics and Legal Studies, University of California, Santa Cruz, 2003
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
Rate : $$$