Sharena Smith guides her clients through a variety of real estate matters, including real estate acquisitions and dispositions, real estate lending, commercial and office leasing, and commercial and retail development.
She has experience drafting and negotiating various real estate transactional documents, such as purchase and sale agreements, deeds, lease agreements, mortgages and deeds of trust, and loan agreements, amongst numerous others.
She counsels developers, national banking institutions, private lenders, nonprofit organizations, equity investors, community development entities and real estate investment trusts. Sharena negotiates complex lending arrangements, including New Market Tax Credits, Historic Rehabilitation Tax Credits and other tax-incentivized credit transactions.
She also reviews and analyzes due diligence, including corporate documents, title and survey, environmental issues, zoning and land use issues, permitting, construction contracts, corporate documents, loan agreements, and intercreditor agreements.
Before joining Faegre Baker Daniels, Sharena was an associate at another law firm in the Denver area, where she handled real estate matters for properties located across the United States. In her free time, Sharena enjoys taking dance classes, such as bachata, dancehall, salsa and hip hop. She is currently taking Spanish language lessons.
- University of Denver Sturm College of Law, J.D. Corporate and Commercial Law Certificate (2013)
- University of California, Santa Cruz, B.A. in Business Management Economics and Legal Studies (2008)
Bar Admissions : Colorado
Professional Associations : Colorado Bar Association
Civic Activities :
- Commerical Real Estate Women (CREW) of Denver — Member, 2017-present
- Life Art/Dance Ensemble — Board Member, 2018-present
- Laboratory to Combat Human Trafficking — Board Member, 2017
Rate : $$$