Sharilee K. Smentek is counsel in the Labor & Employment department of Seyfarth Shaw LLP’s Chicago office. Ms. Smentek has substantial experience representing and counseling clients in a broad range of matters, including labor and employment litigation and compliance, employee discipline and terminations and, workplace investigations.
Her experience in employment litigation matters includes claims brought under Title VII, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA), the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), Section 1983, the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act, and the Illinois Trade Secrets Act.
Ms. Smentek also has substantial experience with other business-related litigation, including contract disputes, business torts, and restrictive covenant disputes, among others. Ms. Smentek has represented clients in a full range of matters through all aspects of litigation—from drafting initial pleadings and emergency requests for injunctive relief to successfully trying a number of bench and jury trials, and handling appeals, arbitrations and mediations.
- J.D., DePaul University College of Law, summa cum laude (2002)
- Order of the Coif, Phi Kappa Phi Academic Fraternity; Chicago Bar Association’s Federal Tax Committee Award Recipient
- B.S. (Finance), University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign (1999)
- Nancy Holmes Johnson Scholarship Award Recipient
- Semester Study Abroad, Senshu University, Tokyo, Japan (Fall 1997)
- Chicago Bar Association
Rate : $$$