Sharmila Vialva is an Associate in Fragomen’s New York office where she assists multinational corporations in a range of PERM and employment-based immigration matters, including employment-based visas, immigrant petitions, labor certification and adjustment of status to permanent residency.
Sharmila provides guidance to multinational managers, professionals with advanced degrees and skilled workers. She also prepares and files various documents related to PERM recruitment and the labor certification process.
Sharmila originally joined Fragomen while in law school and joined the firm as an attorney following her graduation in 2014. Throughout law school, she assisted low income immigrants applying for asylum, withholding of removal and waivers for criminal convictions.
She also clerked for the Immigration Court in New York – Department of Justice, Executive Office of Immigration Review (EOIR) and for the Department of Labor, Office of the Solicitor. Prior to law school, Sharmila worked for many years in the public service sector.
Sharmila has provided a range of pro bono services, including co-representing individuals applying for asylum and individuals in removal proceedings through Catholic Charities Immigration and Refugee Rights Clinic and various Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) clinics.
While in law school, she received the Pro Bono Service Award for providing over 750 hours of pro bono service.
- Advised and assisted immigrants in the technology industry with obtaining various employment-based visas and adjusting status to lawful permanent residency.
- Provided guidance to technology corporation throughout the PERM labor certification process.
- Represented industrial company in obtaining L-1B specialized knowledge visa for employee and PERM labor certification process.
- While in law school, assisted a Fragomen team representing former heads of states and artists obtaining visas in the O-1 extraordinary ability visa classification.
- St. John’s University, School of Law | J.D., 2014
- Adelphi University | M.A., 2006
- Hunter College | B.A., 2004
Bar Admissions: New York, New Jersey
- Member, New York State Bar Association
- Member, New York City Bar Association
- Member, American Immigration Lawyers Association
Rate : $$$$