Sharon Carlstedt Britton has practiced in the area of commercial litigation since 1992, representing clients on a variety of complex litigation matters, including in the areas of contract, health care, ADA, bankruptcy, insurance and intellectual property.
Notably, she has litigated high profile copyright infringement actions on behalf of record labels, music publishers, and artists against Internet companies such as MP3.com and Napster.
Prior to joining Phelps Dunbar, Ms. Britton practiced in New York City as a partner at Thelen, Reid & Priest LLP. Ms. Britton was the co-hiring partner for the New York office of Thelen, a member of the Commercial Litigation Department, the Intellectual Property & Trade Regulation Practice Group and the Diversity Committee.
Ms. Britton was also Of Counsel at the Lauro Law Firm in Tampa where she practiced commercial litigation and white collar criminal defense.
- Georgetown University Law Center, J.D., cum laude, 1992; Law and Policy in International Business; Juvenile Justice Clinic
- The American University. B.A., magna cum laude, in International Relations, 1989
- The Florida Bar
- American Bar Association, Litigation Section
- Tampa Bay Businesses for Culture & the Arts (Board Member)
- Representing multiple clients in various litigation matters related to ADA accessibility.
- Significant trial experience, both bench and jury, including cases involving lease disputes, personal injury and insurance contract disputes.
Rate : $$$