Sharon P. Harrington is a corporate attorney experienced in the technology and energy sectors. Sharon is a member of the global technology, outsourcing and privacy practice. She assists with the preparation and documentation of complex information technology and business process outsourcing.
Sharon also has experience with acquisitions, financings, joint ventures and other transactions in the energy sector.
- Assisting with the preparation and negotiation of commercial contracts, including license agreements, master service agreements and sale and purchase agreements.
- Assisting with the preparation and documentation of outsourcing transactions involving multiple jurisdictions and processes, including information technology outsourcing.
- Advised a multilaterial finance institution on the proposed financing of a 250 MW combined-cycle power plant and the refinancing of an existing 404 MW cascade of hydroelectric power plants in a former Soviet republic.
- Assisted LNG export project developers with planned operations in the US Gulf of Mexico with respect to commercial contracting issues.
- Assisted a fund on the acquisition of a 49 percent cash equity interest in a portfolio of tax-equity-financed wind farms operating across the US.
- Represented an infrastructure fund in the acquisition and financing of district energy businesses operating in Chicago, Seattle, Houston, New Orleans and Las Vegas.
- Assisted a renewable energy fund in the acquisition of a 377 MW hydroelectric power plant and related transmission assets in the southeast US for $600 million.
- Advised a pension fund on the acquisition of run-of-river hydroelectric facilities in the PJM footprint totaling 30 MW.
- Assisted international funds and investors with respect to obtaining clearance from the US Committee on Foreign Investment in the US (CFIUS) in connection with the acquisitions of infrastructure assets in the US.
- Assisted the Government of Kosovo in the preparation of an RFP and implementation of a PPP for the renovation and development of approximately 1,200 MW of lignite-fired combined heat and power plants.
- Advised a multilateral finance institution and the Government of Montenegro in the preparation of an RFP for the development of a 500 MW cascade of hydroelectric power plants.
- Assisted a system operator in the US (RTO/ISO) with respect to due diligence of market participants, governance issues and analysis of rulemaking notices issued by the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC).
- JD, Washington University School of Law, 2009
- BA, University of Virginia, 2003
- District of Columbia
- Intern, US Attorney’s Office, Eastern District of Missouri
- Women’s Council on Energy and the Environment
Rate : $$$