Sharon Kerk Reyes is an associate in the firm’s Norfolk office and a member of the Labor & Employment practice group. She provides advice and counseling to her employer clients on matters related to hiring and firing, discipline and discharge, drafting employment agreements, and drafting and implementing personnel policies.
She also regularly defends employers before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and in federal and state court litigation.
- Taylor University; B.A., 2011
- Regent University School of Law; J.D., cum laude, 2014
- Federal Bar Association, Hampton Roads Chapter
- Virginia Bar Association
- Virginia Beach Symphonicity; Board of Directors, 2017-present
- Rainbow Animal Rescue; Board of Directors, 2017-present
- Experience defending employers in litigation involving alleged discrimination, harassment, wrongful termination, and retaliation
- Experience defending employers before federal and state agencies including the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the Department of Labor, and the Virginia Employment Commission
- Provides training and advice to employers on conducting effective investigations, compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, wage and hour issues under the Fair Labor Standards Act, rights of military servicemembers under the Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act, compliance with the Family and Medical Leave Act, and compliance with state-specific laws including paid sick leave
Rate : $$$