Sharon M. Lewonski is a partner in Culhane Meadow’s Atlanta office and Chair of the firm’s Real Estate Practice Group, where she primarily focuses her practice on assisting clients on matters concerning the financing, acquisition, development, marketing, management, and disposition of income-generating real estate assets.
A veteran attorney with significant experience in complex litigation and transactional matters involving commercial real estate, asset acquisition, finance and bankruptcy. Ms. Lewonski has represented lenders, investors, owners and developers throughout every aspect of the real estate cycle, and has closed deals on all sides of the negotiating table.
Her extensive experience includes retail, industrial and office leasing, zoning and land use entitlements, master-planned, mixed-use, and resort community development, golf course and private club formation and management, and state and federal sales and marketing regulatory compliance, such as registration under The Interstate Land Sales Full Disclosure Act (“ILSA”).
With over a decade of experience as a seasoned litigator, Ms. Lewonski adds value to every transaction negotiated. In addition to providing risk aversion and mitigation advice to clients during every step of the project, she is often called upon to assist in the dispute resolution process, both in and out of the courtroom, in cases involving matters such as:
- landlord/tenant disputes, reclamation and eviction;
- creditor rights and lender liability issues;
- corporate dissolution and partnership divorces;
- broker, builder and construction disputes, including mechanic lien, bond and surety litigation;
- Section 363 sale bidding, approval and confirmation issues;
- state foreclosure and confirmation hearings; and
- preference and fraudulent transfer actions
- University of Baltimore School of Law, J.D.
- University of Aberdeen (Scotland), visiting student
- American University, B.A.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE : Epstein Becker & Green, PC
- American Bankruptcy Institute Counsel for Quality Growth
- Georgia Chapter of the International Women’s Insolvency & Restructuring Confederation (IWIRC)
- State Bar of Georgia, Business Law, Real Estate, Bankruptcy and Creditors’ Rights Sections
- Urban Land Institute, Atlanta District Council
- Counsel for Quality Growth
Rate : $$$$