Sharonda Childs Fancher is an associate in the Labor & Employment Department in Baker Donelson’s Birmingham office. Ms. Fancher advises clients on a variety of employment matters, including leave issues; employee counseling, hiring and discipline; disability management; and policies and procedures.
Ms. Fancher also defends clients in matters relating to charges of discrimination, and investigations and litigation arising under all state and federal labor and employment laws and statutes.
Ms. Fancher served as a United States Peace Corps Volunteer in Mozambique from 2007 to 2009. As a Peace Corps Volunteer, she partnered with a small community-based organization to establish a youth-oriented health education program in the district of Massingir. After law school, Ms. Fancher worked as a law clerk to the Honorable Inge P. Johnson, Senior United States District Judge for the Northern District of Alabama.
- University of Alabama School of Law, J.D., 2013
- Columbia University, B.A. in Political Science, 2007
- Alabama, 2013
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Alabama
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Alabama
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Alabama
- Successfully defended appeal to Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Successfully defended appeal to Alabama Court of Civil Appeals.
- Won directed verdict in federal jury trial.
- Obtained permanent injunction enforcing non-compete agreement.
Professional Honors & Activities:
- Member – Alabama Bar Association
- Member – Birmingham Bar Association
- Member – Birmingham Bar Association’s 2018 Future Leaders Forum
Rate : $$$$