Sharoni S. Finkelstein is counsel in Venable’s Intellectual Property Litigation Practice Group. She represents clients in a variety of industries, including fitness, food and beverage, consumer products, education, entertainment, financial services, business consulting, and technology.
Sharoni focuses her practice on trademark enforcement and prosecution, preparing cease-and-desist letters, handling infringement matters on social media platforms, and representing clients in federal court, before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board, and in Uniform Domain Name Dispute Resolution proceedings. She manages high-volume enforcement programs, and has successfully negotiated complex settlements in trademark infringement matters.
Sharoni also counsels clients with U.S. and foreign trademark portfolios and manages global trademark portfolios for multinational companies. She performs domestic and foreign trademark clearance, prosecution, maintenance, and portfolio management, and advises clients on proper trademark use.
Prior to joining Venable, Sharoni was an associate at an international law firm. She began her career at a boutique intellectual property law firm in Los Angeles, managing the firm’s U.S. trademark portfolio, performing trademark clearance and prosecution, representing clients in trademark enforcement matters, and negotiating and drafting customer agreements as outside counsel to a communications corporation.
- Represents one of the largest privately owned national chains of fitness centers in multiple trademark enforcement actions across the United States.
- GMYL L.P. (Francis Ford Coppola Industries) v. Ernesto Coppola and Coppola Foods Limited (N.D. Cal.) – On behalf of Francis Ford Coppola Industries (FFC Industries), filed a lawsuit against Coppola Foods Limited, a London-based food company, for trademark infringement in connection with its intent to sell a line of COPPOLA-branded Italian food products in the United States. Successfully obtained a nationwide permanent injunction barring the defendant from selling any COPPOLA-branded products in the United States.
- GMYL L.P. (Francis Ford Coppola Industries) v. Peter Coppola Beauty LLC (TTAB) – Representing FFC Industries against Peter Coppola, a New York-based hair stylist and salon owner, in a trademark opposition proceeding before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board to prevent registration of the COPPOLA mark for hair care products.
- J.D.Loyola Law School2010
- B.A.University of California, Santa Cruz2006
Bar Admissions : California 2010, District of Columbia
Court Admissions :
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
Professional Memberships :
- International Trademark Association (Unfair Competition Committee)
- American Bar Association, Intellectual Property Law Section (Trademark Litigation Committee)
- California Bar Association, Intellectual Property Law Section
- Young Lawyers Committee, WILEF Southern California
Rate : $$$