Shauna E. Woods’ practice focuses on litigation, counseling, and dispute resolution in complex business disputes. She has successfully resolved real estate, antitrust, intellectual property, trade secret, contract, securities, and employment disputes in state and federal courts for clients across various industries, including makeup manufacturing, small cell infrastructure, hotel management, and lock manufacturing.
Ms. Woods has appeared and argued in numerous cases before state and federal trial courts. She also has provided pro bono representation to tenants seeking better living conditions and undocumented immigrants applying for asylum and Special Immigrant Juvenile Status (SIJS).
- Duke University School of Law, J.D., 2014
- Cum laude
- Alaska Law Review, Executive Editor
- University of California, Santa Barbara, B.A., History, 2010
- Cum laude, Departmental Distinction
- Recipient of the Dick Cook Award for Outstanding Research
- Served as the lead associate in the defense of a lock manufacturer in antitrust litigation that was filed by a competitor.
- Served as the lead associate in the defense of an employer, which favorably settled a wrongful termination lawsuit that was filed by a former employee.
- Served as an integral member of legal team which favorably settled a contract dispute that was brought against a mobile infrastructure company.
- Served as an integral member of legal team, which defended a medical device manufacturer against allegations of market manipulation and securities fraud. The case was favorably settled.
- Successfully represented several children seeking Special Immigrant Juvenile Status (SIJS) in the United States.
- Assisted in the representation of a group of tenants who were suing their landlord for various habitability issues within an apartment building.
- Successfully negotiated relocation benefits for a pregnant woman and her husband when their landlord renovated their apartment.
Rate : $$$$