Shawn M. Doorhy helps clients resolve a wide range of complex construction and real estate problems, whether transactional or adversarial in nature. Shawn represents all types of participants in the construction industry supply chain, from owners/developers to material suppliers, as well as landowners seeking to protect their property rights.
He is a litigator with experience in multiple state and federal courts across the country, both at the trial and appellate levels. Shawn has first-chair trial experience in various real estate and construction matters.
He has also successfully argued before multiple appellate courts, including before the Illinois Supreme Court on behalf of a Chicago-area homebuilder. Shawn’s litigation experience includes all levels of drafting, argument, analysis, discovery and motion practice necessary to achieve successful results for his clients.
Shawn drafts and negotiates contract terms for various types of commercial construction projects, including trade subcontracts, existing client service contracts and settlement agreements attendant to dispute resolution.
Shawn holds the LEED® Green Associate accreditation from the U.S. Green Building Institute, which demonstrates knowledge of good environmental practice and skill, and reflects an understanding and support of green design, construction and operations. Shawn has experience assisting construction industry clients with the unique legal challenges presented in green building.
- University of North Carolina School of Law, J.D. North Carolina Journal of International Law and Commercial Regulation, Managing Editor (2007)
- University of North Carolina, B.A. in Political Science and Spanish (2003)
Bar Admissions : Indiana, Illinois
Court Admissions :
- Illinois Supreme Court
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Indiana
Professional Associations :
- American Bar Association
- Indiana State Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Association of Condominium, Townhouse & Homeowners Associations
Civic Activities :
- U.S. Green Building Council — Illinois Chapter (USGBC-IL)
- Lake Forrest Homeowners Association — President, Architectural Review Committee
Rate : $$$