Shawn R. Fox focuses his practice on bankruptcy and financial restructuring, including representing debtors, creditors, committees, shareholders and acquirers in out-of-court workouts and Chapter 11 cases.
He is experienced in representing corporate debtors, secured lenders, unsecured creditors, committees, equity holders, asset acquirers, and other parties in interest, in bankruptcy courts throughout the United States.
Prior to joining McGuireWoods, Shawn clerked for the Honorable Robert E. Gerber of the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York. He was an Oliver Ellsworth Memorial scholar at the University of Connecticut School of Law.
- Representation of public utility in MF Global Inc. and related insolvency cases regarding 30.7 and 4(d) customer claims.
- Counsel to proposed acquirer under Chapter 11 Plan in Chapter 11 case with three competing Plans.
- National bankruptcy counsel for leading financial institution regarding mortgage, servicing and loss mitigation matters.
- Counsel to Canadian-chartered bank as creditor and derivative counterparty in Lehman Bros. Chapter 11 cases.
- Representation of bank as administrative and collateral agent in workout of $175 million of debt of major dairy corporation.
- Representation of financially distressed American Fiber Resources in its $200 million sale to Canadian strategic buyer SFK Pulp.
- Representation of Halcyon (as debtor’s largest shareholder) in successful Chapter 11 plan litigation and negotiation in the multibillion-dollar solvent debtor case of NextWave.
- Representation of a member of the official committee of equity holders in the Chapter 11 case of Anaconda, a financially distressed hedge fund manager.
- University of Connecticut School of Law, JD, Lead Articles Editor, Connecticut Insurance Law Journal, 2002
- Binghamton University, State University of New York, BA, English Literature and Rhetoric/Political Science, 1999
Admissions : New York, Connecticut
Affiliations : Member, American Bankruptcy Institute
Rate : $$$