Shawn Hanson focuses on commercial, false claims and regulatory litigation involving health care and all lines of insurance. He represents clients in matters related to all aspects of ERISA, as well as private equity, partnership and similar corporate disputes.He also advises insurance companies on a range of regulatory issues, including compliance with existing and evolving regulations and analysis of state- and federal-level regulatory frameworks. With a particular focus on the intersection of insurance and technology, he provides guidance on issues such as antirebate and inducement laws, data privacy and cybersecurity, underwriting, and sales and distribution practices.
- Litigates health care, insurance, insurance fraud and Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) matters, as well as complex insurance disputes.
- Provides guidance to clients on the intersection of insurance and technology and insurance regulatory issues.
- Representing insurance companies throughout the United States in complex insurance, bad-faith litigation with insureds and other insurance carriers.
- Advising insurtech companies and investors on regulatory and other legal issues.
- Advising insurers and health care providers in federal and state false claims litigation and in matters involving the Insurance Fraud Protection Act.
- Handling Department of Labor investigations and ERISA litigation.
- Representing an insurance company in a mass-plaintiff tort suit alleging that the company is liable for damages that employees allegedly suffered as a result of investment advice that they received from broker-dealer representatives licensed by a former seminar provider for the company.
- J.D., University of California, Hastings College of the Law, 1983
- B.S., Santa Clara University, magna cum laude, 1980
Rate : $$$$