Shawn Matthew Clark represents and advises employers in all areas of employment law and litigation. His practice focuses on representing employers in state and federal courts, and before administrative agencies in litigation involving claims of discrimination, retaliation, harassment, breach of contract, and wage and hour violations. His experience includes every phase of litigation from commencement through trial and appeal, including negotiating favorable settlements for clients.
Shawn also prepares non-competition, non-solicitation and confidentiality agreements, and litigates claims for breaches of non-competition and non-solicitation agreements, misappropriation of confidential information, theft of trade secrets, unfair competition, tortious interference, and breaches of the duty of loyalty.
In addition to his litigation practice, Shawn advises clients on compliance with federal, state and local employment laws. He prepares and reviews employment policies, handbooks and employment and separation agreements, and provides guidance to employers undergoing reductions-in-force, mass layoffs, plant closings and business restructurings.
Prior to entering private practice, Shawn served as an assistant corporation counsel in the Labor and Employment Law Division of the New York City Law Department where he represented the City of New York and its agencies in employment litigation. During law school, Shawn was a member of the Moot Court Honor Society.
- J.D., Brooklyn Law School, 2012
- B.A., The George Washington University, 2004
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 2nd Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of New York
Professional & Community Affiliations :
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, New York City Bar Association
- Member, Board of Trustees, Community Roots Charter School
- Member, Associate Circle, Row New York
Rate : $$$