Shawn Davisson focuses his practice primarily on white-collar criminal defense matters, government and internal investigations, regulatory enforcement actions, securities litigation and enforcement, and foreign corrupt practices (FCPA).
Shawn defends corporations, corporate executives, public officials, and other individuals and entities in matters involving or brought by the Department of Justice (DOJ), the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), and other government agencies and regulators.
He also has extensive experience conducting internal investigations on behalf of corporate clients to examine allegations of criminal conduct, and assisting with parallel civil proceedings arising out of criminal investigations, including enforcement proceedings, multidistrict securities fraud litigation, congressional investigations, and related matters.
Shawn places importance on volunteer work and is actively involved in Steptoe’s pro bono program. He regularly represents clients or assists organizations in matters involving Veteran’s claims and appeals, homelessness initiatives, habeas appeals, and other pro bono matters. He also serves periodically as a volunteer justice in various moot court competitions.
Bar & Court Admissions:
- District of Columbia
- US District Court, District of Massachusetts
- US Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit
- US Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit
- J.D., Ohio State University Moritz College of Law, 2006, magna cum laude, Order of the Coif; Judge Ernest Karam Award for Legal Writing; Managing Editor, Ohio State Journal on Dispute Resolution; Co-Editor, Mayhew-Hite Report on Dispute Resolution and the Courts
- M.B.A., Sullivan University, 2004, summa cum laude; President’s Cup Award (top of class)
- B.A., University of Kentucky, 2003, summa cum laude; Phi Beta Kappa; Vandenbosch Award in Political Science
Rate : $$$