Shawn Wood is a partner in the Chicago office of Seyfarth Shaw, LLP and a member of the firm’s National Trial Team. He serves as national chair of the firm’s Commercial Litigation Practice Group and has over 24 years of experience counseling and representing clients in connection with their business litigation, commercial contracts, and product liability matters.
Mr. Wood is also a member of the Federal Trial Bar in the Northern District of Illinois. He has won cases in state and federal courts throughout the country, including in Texas, California, North Carolina, Iowa, Delaware and Illinois. He has also prevailed as lead appellate counsel before the United States Fifth and Seventh Circuit Courts of Appeal and the Illinois First District Appellate Court.
Mr. Wood’s experience includes the representation of US and UK manufacturers in connection with product related disputes and supply chain issues and agreements throughout the world. He has presented to the Chicago International Trade Commissioner’s Association regarding product liability issues facing multinational companies.
Mr. Wood has published and presented on broad scope of topics relevant to civil practice, product liability and commercial litigation. He co-authors the Illinois State Bar Association Civil Practice Handbook chapter regarding motion practice and serves as an annual presenter at the ISBA Civil Practice Conference.
- J.D., Chicago-Kent College of Law, Illinois Institute of Technology (1992)
- Order of the Coif (highest honors); Editor, Chicago-Kent Law Review
- B.A., University of Dayton (1989)
- American Bar Association (Member, Litigation Section)
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Nominated to Civil Practice Council (Sept. 2003 – June 2016)
- Defense Research Institute
- The Lawyers’ Club of Chicago
Rate : $$$