Shelby S. Guilbert specializes in assisting large businesses and financial institutions in insurance recovery actions, high-stakes contract disputes and cross-border litigation. As a partner in our Insurance Coverage and Recovery and Contracts and Business Torts practices, Shelby has successfully assisted his clients in the recovery of hundreds of millions of dollars from insurance companies in the U.S., London and Asian markets.
Shelby also counsels leading companies in complex commercial matters in state and federal courts at the trial and appellate levels. He also routinely handles cross-border disputes in domestic and international arbitration.
In addition to helping clients pursue all types of first- and third-party insurance claims, Shelby routinely advises companies on risk management needs arising out of insurance policy renewals and mergers and acquisitions and IPO transactions.
Shelby is a frequent author and speaker on topics relating to insurance, finance, ADR and other business matters.
- J.D., Yale University
- M.Sc., London School of Economics and Political Science, UK, with distinction
- B.S.F.S., Georgetown University
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Tennessee
- Atlanta City Lead, study of Atlanta’s response to Hurricane Katrina evacuees, which was profiled in the New York Times and Newsweek, Appleseed Foundation
- Chair, World Affairs Council, Atlanta Young Leaders Executive Steering Committee, 2014-2015
- Co-chair, International/London Subcommittee of the Insurance Coverage Litigation Committee, ABA
- Disaster Legal Services Committee, Georgia Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division
- Metro Atlanta Host Committee Risk Management Committee Member for 2019 Super Bowl
Rate : $$$$