Shelley L. Spalding’s practice focuses on complex litigation, including mass torts, product liability and intellectual property litigation. Shelley’s practice focuses on complex litigation, including product liability, mass torts and all aspects of intellectual property law.
Shelley has experience handling complex litigation for both plaintiffs and defendants.
Shelley is admitted to practice in Virginia, the District of Columbia and before the US Patent and Trademark Office, and before the United States District Courts for the Eastern and Western Districts of Virginia.
- Represents multiple Fortune 500 companies in mass tort and product liability litigation in jurisdictions throughout the United States.
- Provides strategic pre-market litigation risk analysis for product manufacturers, including guidance on potential risks of product or manufacturing changes, regulatory compliance, investigations, and litigation avoidance.
- Represented pork processor in civil RICO action against labor union and co-defendants. Litigation resulted in multiple published decisions and groundbreaking legal precedent regarding the application of racketeering laws to labor unions’ corporate pressure campaigns.
- Represented corporate plaintiff in bench trial of patent infringement claims against multiple defendants.
- Represented Fortune 100 companies in federal lawsuits to enforce trademark, trade dress, copyright, and design patent rights, obtaining preliminary injunctions and favorable settlements.
- Represented Fortune 100 companies in federal lawsuits as plaintiff and defendant asserting Lanham Act false advertising claims.
- In international child abduction cases, represent plaintiff “left-behind” parents in cases proceeding under the Hague Convention on International Child Abduction. Pro bono in cooperation with the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children and US State Department.
- JD, Emory University School of Law, 2001
- BE, Mechanical Engineering and Mathematics, Vanderbilt University, 1997
- District of Columbia
- US Patent and Trademark Office
Rate : $$$$