Shelly Heyduk’s practice focuses on advising public companies on a wide range of securities law and corporate governance matters, including SEC reporting and disclosure under the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, shareholder meetings and compliance with the proxy rules, and compliance with NYSE and NASDAQ corporate governance requirements, the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002, and related regulations.
Shelly also has significant experience advising companies with respect to securities offerings under the Securities Act of 1933.
During her career, Shelly spent four years in-house at Western Digital Corporation, where she gained a unique understanding of the challenges facing in-house legal teams and their expectations for best-in-class service from outside counsel.
- Represents a broad range of public company clients with their ongoing Exchange Act reporting and compliance across a variety of industries such as aerospace products and services, airlines, banking, data storage, Internet media and advertising, management services, medical devices, semiconductors and real estate investment trusts.
- Provides regular specialized securities law advice to companies on a wide range of matters, including Section 16, Regulation 13D-G, Rule 144, Regulation G, Regulation FD, and Rule 10b-5.
- Counsels companies on shareholder meeting matters, including compliance with the proxy rules, responding to shareholder proposals and submission of no-action letters under Rule 14a-8, and responding to proxy contests for board control.
- Advises public and pre-public companies on corporate governance best practices.
- Represents issuers in connection with equity and debt offerings under the Securities Act.
- Provides advice to companies on securities law aspects of merger and acquisition transactions, including cash and stock mergers, tender offer transactions, and going private transactions.
- University of California at Los Angeles, J.D., 1999: Order of the Coif; Comments Editor, UCLA Law Review
- University of California at San Diego, B.S., 1996, Management Science: magna cum laude; with distinction; Phi Beta Kappa
- Orange County Bar Association
- National Association of Real Estate Investment Trusts
Rate : $$$$