Shemin V. Proctor is the former Managing Partner of the Washington, DC office of Andrews Kurth Kenyon, and she divides her time between the Washington and Houston offices.
She represents major energy companies, including natural gas and oil pipelines, energy marketing and trading companies, and midstream service providers, in proceedings before the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission and has represented natural gas pipelines before the federal courts.
Shemin has counseled clients in numerous rate, restructuring, tariff, certificate, complaint and enforcement matters in natural gas, oil and electric proceedings before the FERC, other agencies and federal courts.
Shemin also works with clients seeking to construct natural gas storage and liquefied natural gas facilities.
In addition, she has counseled energy companies on natural gas matters arising from bankruptcy and has experience in the antitrust, mergers & acquisitions and public offering areas.
- Lead counsel for major interstate natural gas pipeline in litigated complaint, rate, certificate and tariff proceedings before FERC
- Lead counsel for midstream company regarding sale of jurisdictional pipeline before FERC
- Lead counsel for midstream company regarding ethane pipeline project
- Represented interstate natural gas pipeline in enforcement proceedings before FERC
- Lead counsel for integrated oil and gas company with respect to FERC audit and investigation
- Counsels corporate clients and underwriters regarding energy regulation
- JD, Harvard Law School, 1990
- AB, Harvard University – Radcliffe College, 1987
- District of Columbia
- US Supreme Court
- US Court of Appeals, District of Columbia Circuit
- US Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- US Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- US District Court, District of Columbia
- Founding Member of Center for Women in Law, University of Texas School of Law (membership by invitation only)
- Energy Bar Association
- Chair, Oil Pipeline Regulation Committee (2005-2007)
- Vice Chair, Oil Pipeline Regulation Committee (2004-2005)
- National Bar Association
- The Women’s Council on Energy & The Environment
- Women’s Energy Network
Rate : $$$$