Sherilyn Olsen helps clients resolve problems with loans in default. Her practice includes advising lenders and borrowers regarding loan workouts and restructuring, collection procedures, and bankruptcy law and procedure. She also assists lenders in seeking the appointment of a receiver to protect assets and/or to operate a business’s pending foreclosure.
Sherilyn negotiates and drafts loan modification documents and pursues repayment of loans in default. In bankruptcy court, she prosecutes and defends relief from stay motions, cash collateral motions, claim objections, motions to dismiss, preference and fraudulent transfer actions, lien avoidance actions, and nondischarageability claims.
In state and federal courts, Sherilyn represents clients throughout the litigation process including managing discovery; defending and taking fact and expert depositions; drafting and arguing motions for summary judgment; pursuing and defending motions for temporary restraining orders and preliminary injunctions; chairing trials; and pursuing collection of judgments.
- J. Reuben Clark Law School, Brigham Young University, J.D., 2002
- Brigham Young University, B.A., 1998
Bar Admissions : Utah
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of Utah
Professional and Civic Affiliations:
- Treehouse Museum, Member, Board of Trustees, 2012-present
- Utah State Bar, Member, Character & Fitness Committee, 2010-present
- Bankruptcy Lawyers Forum, Board of Trustees, 2005-2015
- Turnaround Management Association, Rocky Mountain Chapter
- American Bar Association, Member, 2002-present
Rate : $$$