Sherli Furst concentrates her practice in media and entertainment litigation, as well as business and commercial matters. Adept at the complexities of high-stakes commercial and intellectual property disputes, she has represented many leading entertainment and media institutions and individuals.
Her experience includes copyright, trademark, internet rights and the DMCA, contract and commercial disputes, rights of publicity, and unfair competition.
Ms. Furst also provides insight, analysis, and advocacy for complex business and financial industry disputes. She has served clients in a wide variety of fields including banking and securities fraud, consumer retailing and franchising, and real estate-related litigation. Ms. Furst has represented both plaintiffs and defendants in financial services litigation in a variety of areas and industries.
Ms. Furst is also an active member of the Estate, Trust and Fiduciary Litigation Group. She has an in-depth understanding of the complicated system of laws and regulations that control various fiduciary obligations, end-of-life wealth distribution, and property and asset valuation.
She can skillfully navigate the emotional issues that often come up in estate, trust, and fiduciary disputes. Whether litigating fiduciary matters, inheritance or succession issues, or contested charitable donations, she helps clients find a path to resolution.
Ms. Furst is recognized annually for her commitment to pro bono work.
- Georgetown University Law Center, J.D. (2009)
- Cornell University, B.S. (2005)
- New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. Supreme Court
- American Bar Association; Forum on Entertainment and Sports Industries, Communications Law Forum
- New York City Bar Association, Fashion Law Committee
- New York Women in Communications
- National Association of Women Lawyers
- Georgetown Entertainment and Media Alliance
Rate : $$$$